Today is Remembrance Sunday a day when we look, not just of fallen hero’s of past wars but of wars going on today. Living in a small market town in the Yorkshire Dales it is easy to live in a small bubble thinking that nothing is going to affect our day-to-day lives but change is happening all around and with the electing of a new President of the United States this week, change in the form of Donald Trump might affect us all sooner than we think.
So today I did my virtual Remembrance 5k RFF race but after a bad nights sleep it was going to be a race of two halves with the dogs – they are getting used to me putting my trainers on now – although Milo is not as enthused and sometimes he is lagging behind. So they went out at 8.30 and then again at 2pm – mind you I am never going to break any speed records with those two!
There is only 6 days for the Ball now – where did the time go? Most things have been done – but you know how it is there is always a panic that there is something still to do. The main things are done – meals ordered, all paid for and the fizz is on ice!!
This week I received a special Auction prize from the guys at Hope Technology Cycling who have given me a Limited edition pair of cycling shorts (rrp £100) signed by Guy Martin – I love this man. I have to thank my boss Jackie Bonsall for getting me these. So get bidding! These have also gone on Ebay as they are so unique.
So this week I will go through the Auction prizes for anyone wanting to bid –
1. OVERNIGHT STAY AT HERRIOTS FOR 2 @ HERRIOTS SKIPTON
2. FRAMED TOP, AUTOGRAPHED SAHIR KHAN (CORRIE)
3. SUNDAY LUNCH FOR 2 @ JAMES MARTIN MANCHESTER RESTAURANT + AUTOGRAPH & ROLLING PIN
4. HAYLEY FROM CORRIE 2 HATS & AUTOGRAPH
5. / 6. JOHN NEWNMAN AUTOGRAPH CDS
7. ADAM RICKET (EX CORRIE) SIGNED BASEBALL CAP
8. VINTAGE CAR RIDE FOLLOWED BY AFTERNOON TEA @HUMBLE PIE, EARBY
9.TWO TIERD DESIGNER CAKE
10. SILENTNIGHT KINGSIZE BED ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION (RRP £1500)
11. LIMITED ADDITION HOPE TECH CYCLING SHORTS SIGNED BY GUY MARTIN
So coundown is on……..
Raffle tickets are £1 each and you can donate to either of the just giving pages -one is for Bowel Cancer UK one is for Airedale Hospital Oncolology Unit. Put raffle and I wil post the numbers on Facebook.
Just to tempt you – my talented sister Erika before she went on her holiday brought a fully iced Christmas cake for the raffle…